Fried chicken is loved by everyone. Its spicy and crispy flavour makes this scrumptious chicken a great meal. Here is an amazing recipe for southern fried chicken.
- All-purpose flour 4 cups
- Garlic powder 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper ground 11/2 to 2 tablespoons
- Paprika 11/2 to 2 tablespoons
- Oregano 2 teaspoons
- Cayenne pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Vegetable seasoning 1 teaspoon
- Buttermilk 11/2 cup
- Beaten egg yolks 2
- Salt 1 teaspoon or as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 (3 pounds) whole chicken in pieces
- Put the oil in the deep fryer and heat it to 325 Fahrenheit.
- Mix 3 cups of flour with all spices garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper and vegetable seasoning together in a good-sized bowl.
- Stir 11/2 cup buttermilk,1 cup flour, egg yolks and salt into a separate bowl. Add some more buttermilk until desired consistency is achieved
- Dip the moistened chicken pieces in the flour and spices mix. Shake the excess flour in the bowl and dip it in the buttermilk mixture, then dip it in the flour mix again.
- Very carefully put small batches of chicken pieces in the oil we heated already for frying . Keep frying until crisp and golden brown, that might take about 15 minutes or more.
- When it’s done, take it out on a dish covered with paper towel for draining the excess oil.
Crispy southern fried chicken is ready to be served.
Check Out Other Amazing Recipes Here.