Best Creamy Mashed Potato Recipe
We all love mashed potatoes. Whether served as an appetizer or with a meal its creamy taste melting into the mouth makes us crave for more. Are you looking for an amazing recipe for homemade mashed potatoes, we are here to help. This great-tasting mashed potatoes recipe tastes awesome and is really easy to follow.
This post might have some affiliate links which means we may receive a little commission at No cost to you. Please review our disclaimer here
- 5 pounds of Russet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons of butter unsalted at room temp
- 2 large minced garlic cloves
- Fine Kosher salt
- A cup whole milk, hot
- Cream cheese,4 ounces at room temperature
1. Cut the potatoes into quarter pieces after peeling and washing them. Add 1.5 cups(375 ml) cold water to the instant pot, add the garlic and salt 1 tablespoon in the water. Put the steamer rack inside the instant pot. Place potatoes over it. Pressure cook after sealing for 8 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for around 2 or 3 minutes, then quickly release pressure on the venting mode. After all pressure is released, very carefully open the lid.
3. Now start preparing the melted butter mix. Warm up the butter, 2 teaspoons salt and milk either in a saucepan or in a microwave till the butter gets just melted ( avoid boiling the milk.) Set it aside until we need it.
4. Now mix everything together. Pour half of melted butter mix on the mashed potatoes, and mix it up with any spoon or spatula till the potatoes have absorbed all the liquid. Then repeat this process with the remaining butter mix , add the cream cheese, mix until well combined but avoid over-mixing. You can add little more milk until desired consistency is reached.
5. You can add a little more salt according to your taste.
6. Serve it warm. Garnish with any toppings of your choice.
What are Some toppings for Mashed Potatoes?
2. Salt and pepper
3. Shredded cheese
4. Cooked broccoli
5. Sour cream
- Checkout Our Other Amazing Recipes Here