Do you want a cozy, easy vegan dish to warm your chilly day? Then stop searching because we have a tasty Instant Pot bean soup recipe. It is a perfect blend of beans with vegetables and a few spices. You will find this soup both filling and full of nutrition.
The best thing is you don’t have to sweat yourself on the stovetop; instead, use an instant pot. It means less time to spend cooking and more enjoying your savory soup. This blog post will guide an easy and tasty Instant Pot bean soup recipe. So, grab your Instant Pot and have a comforting, warm, time-saving meal.
How to cook Instant Pot Bean Soup: A Step-by-Step Guide
Instant Pot bean soup is a healthy and quick lunch or dinner meal. It is really great for people who wish to enjoy wholesome meals without guilt.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Course: Side Dish
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1 big onion, chopped
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon`
- 2 carrots-medium sized, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped.
- 1 green or red chopped bell pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Fresh rosemary finely chopped 1 tablespoon
- 1 can of 400 g chopped tomatoes.
- 1 cup soaked overnight and dried mixed beans
- (1.5 cups)300ml water
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 100 g (3.5 oz) spinach roughly chopped.
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley.
Keep all ingredients ready to put in your Instant Pot.
- Drain and rinse the soaked beans using strainer to remove dirt.
- Place the Instant Pot on the sauté and heat the olive oil. Add the onions, carrots, stalk celery, and bell pepper, stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and dried thyme and cook for about 1 minute until fragrance comes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, soaked and rinsed beans, water, black pepper, and salt, and stir well. Set the pressure relief to airtight in sealing mode and lock the Instant Pot cover. For five minutes, set Instant Pot on high pressure.
- After the Instant Pot starts beeping, wait until the pressure releases on its own, change to venting mode ,let any remaining pressure release then open the lid and add in the parsley and spinach.
- Now keep the lid on the Instant Pot for around 1-2 minutes for the spinach to squish.
- Now add blended soup into the Instant Pot, mix it all, taste the soup, and adjust the spices if you need.
- Season to taste; Instant Pot Soup is ready to be served with any crusty bread of your choice.
Helpful Tips to Enhance the Flavor of Your Soup Recipe
- Soak the beans overnight to shorten cooking time and to get a more enhanced taste.
- Garnishing the soup with fresh herbs like parsley increases the flavor.
- This soup can be spiced up by adding little smoked paprika alongside the herbs and garlic.
- Pair this soup with crusty bread or crackers to satisfy it as a complete meal.
- You can store the leftovers in the refrigerator for around three days. You can also freeze bean soup for up to 2 months, letting it cool completely before freezing it in portions in airtight containers. You can reheat it using either the microwave or stovetop.
- Allow the soup to rest for a little before serving to let the flavor meld together.
Have you tried making an Instant Pot bean soup recipe before? I highly recommend giving it a shot. You can easily make delicious and nutritious soup in no time with the convenience of the Instant Pot. So start experimenting with a variety of ingredients and discover your perfect Instant Pot bean soup recipe today.
- See More Amazing recipes in the Food Section