Today I want to share my favorite instant Pot steamed vegetables recipe—an easy and delicious way to turn ordinary vegetables into a tasty and nutritious dish. Let’s embark on this culinary adventure together!
As a keen home cook, I’ve always looked for kitchen gadgets that will simplify my life without lowering the standard of my meals.
Unlike other cooking techniques, steaming your vegetables in the Instant Pot has many benefits. Steaming preserves vegetables’ nutrients and natural flavors better than boiling or frying. Instant Pot cooks vegetables evenly and quickly while maintaining their nutritional value.
How to Cook Instant Pot Steamed Vegetables: A Step-by-Step Guide
The crisp and colorful vegetables in this recipe for Instant Pot steamed vegetables are transformed into a delicate, flavorful side dish. As a result of the high-pressure cooking technique, their natural colors, nutrients, and flavors are preserved, making them a nutritious and delectable addition to any meal.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
Yields: 4 servings
Course: Side Dish
Ingredients You’ll need:
- Four cups of mixed veggies like bell peppers, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and zucchini.
- Water, 1 cup.
- Pepper and salt as desired
- Optional: your preferred herbs or spices to add flavor
- Wash all vegetables and chop them into bite-sized pieces to achieve even cooking.
- Add water to the Instant Pot. So that the veggies stay far above the water in the Instant Pot, use a steamer basket or a trivet with handles there.
- Distribute the vegetables in the steamer basket.
- The steamer basket or trivet should now contain the cooked vegetables.
- Add pepper, salt and other spices or herbs you like when flavoring. Place the lid on Instant Pot and move the valve to seal it.Set the instant pot on high pressure for zero minutes.
- When your Instant Pot beeps, quickly release all the pressure manually and then remove the hot steamer basket very carefully.
Place the steamed veggies in a serving dish and, if necessary, taste and adjust the spice. Serve hot, and enjoy.
Variation and Helpful Tips:
- Add your preferred vegetables or whatever is available in your pantry.
- To improve the flavor of the steamed vegetables before serving, add some lemon juice or olive oil.
- After the beep, it’s essential to quickly release the pressure to prevent the vegetables from overcooking and losing their crispness and vibrant colors.
- Use a steamer basket or a trivet.
- To guarantee that every piece of the vegetable is cooked equally, cut it into equal pieces.
- Vegetables should only be sliced if necessary.
- Frozen Vegetables can be used, although they will require a bit more cooking time. You will set the cooking time to 1 minute rather than 0 minutes.
Steaming veggies in an Instant Pot is quick, healthy, and makes delicious side dishes. Healthy and savory dishes are produced because of the gentle steam, which maintains nutrients and brilliant colors. You may customize your dishes and find new favorite flavors by playing with various vegetable combinations and seasonings. Additionally, the Instant Pot’s adaptability goes beyond steaming veggies and opens a world of delicious food options. So, for a diverse and delightful dining experience, grab your Instant Pot and make it.